Dental Crowns – Sachse, TX
Restore and Protect Damaged Teeth
Your tooth enamel is the strongest part of your entire body, but it is still vulnerable to damage. Teeth can be harmed by decay, injuries, accidents, and more. Fortunately, if you have a tooth that is structurally compromised, we offer dental crowns in Sachse to restore and protect it. We have durable and natural-looking restorations to help ensure that your smile continues to be comfortable and fully functional. To find out if a dental crown is right for you, give us a call .
Why Choose Wiese Dental for Dental Crowns?
- High-Quality Dental Materials
- Customized for Natural Appearance
- Dental Insurance Welcome
What Is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a customized “cap” that is placed over the chewing surface of a damaged or structurally compromised tooth to keep it protected. Crowns can be made from a variety of different materials. Depending on where they are placed in the mouth, we use gold, zirconia, and other natural-looking materials. You may need a dental crown if you have one of the following issues:
- Broken tooth that requires additional support
- Tooth that’s undergone root canal therapy
- Severe decay that’s being repaired with a large filling
- Dental bridge needing support from adjacent teeth
- Severely misshapen or discolored tooth
- Missing tooth being replaced with a dental implant
The Process of Getting a Dental Crown
Dental crown placement is relatively straightforward. It can usually be completed in just two visits to the dental office. The first step includes an examination of your teeth to make sure that a crown is the right option for you. Once this is confirmed by Dr. Wiese, a thin layer of enamel is removed from your tooth. This is to ensure that the crown fits comfortably in the mouth and appears natural. An impression will then be taken of the tooth. This will be sent to the dental laboratory where your crown will be crafted.
Until your next visit, you will be given a temporary crown to protect the tooth and help you get used to what your new crown will feel like. Once your final restoration is ready, you can come back to the practice, and it will be placed on your tooth using a special dental cement.
Benefits of Getting a Dental Crown
Dental crowns have a variety of benefits. Here are just some of them:
- Improves your comfort and chewing ability
- Protects your natural tooth to prevent further damage
- Can correct several different oral health issues
- Can be customized to match surrounding teeth
- Easy to maintain